If you have a sports injury, the first thing to do is prevent further injury or damage. This means you should stop the activity and try to discover the cause and severity of the injury. Once you determine what is wrong, you can start immediate treatment. Below are some of the services we provide which can be beneficial to speeding up your recovery.
- Injury Prevention- Specific exercises, stretches, spinal and extremity adjustments to promote better muscle and joint stability.
- Electric stimulation therapy- Electric impulses help to reduce muscle spasms, edema, and pain. Electric stimulation helps to relief pain by sending electrical impulses through the skin to the underlying nerves. The electrical impulses work by blocking and overriding the pain signal from making its way to the brain. Similar to shaking your hand after you burn it on the stove.
- Ultrasound therapy- Ultrasound impulses help to reduce muscle spasms, reduce edema, and promote healing.
- Core Stability- Exercises and stretches designed to strengthen your core.
- Cryo-therapy- Applying ice to the inflamed area helps to reduce swelling and numbs pain.
- Myofascial Release Technique- Myofascial release is a specialized type of stretching used to treat patients with a variety of soft tissue problems.
- Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization- Work by using stainless-steel tools to increase tissue elasticity and fibroblastic activity by breaking down scar tissue and adhesions in the soft tissue.
- Kinesiology Taping- Kinesiology taping is used in the prevention and management of injuries. Preventative taping may decrease the occurrence of chronic or overuse injuries while improving muscle function. It is also beneficial in the management of injuries by reducing pain symptoms and support joint function. Taping can also helps to improve blood and lymph flow which results in a reduction of inflammation.
- Trigger Point Therapy- Helps to reduce the tension in tight muscles by restricting blood flow to muscles trigger points or "knots".